6 ripe Beurre Bosc pears, peeled
⅓ cup caster sugar
1 cup frozen raspberries
vanilla ice-cream, to serve
140 g packet Werther's Original candies
½ cup plain flour
½ cup shredded coconut
⅓ cup rolled oats
100 g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- Lightly grease an ovenproof dish (8-cup capacity).
- Cut pears into quarters. Remove and discard cores. Cut each quarter in half.
- Place pears and sugar in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to a prepared dish. Scatter over frozen raspberries
- To make crumble, pulse candies in a food processor until coarsely crushed. Set aside 1/3 cup. Add flour, coconut, oats and butter to remaining candies in food processor. Pulse to form coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over pears and raspberries. Top with reserved 1/3 cup candies.
- Cook in moderate oven (180°C) for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with ice-cream.