30 cm baguette
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp dried mixed herbs
1 cup drained canned roasted red capsicum strips
¼ cup tomato relish
salt and pepper to taste
thinly shredded basil, to garnish
- Trim ends of baguette. Cut into 1cm-thick slices. Arrange in a single layer on a large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Combine oil, garlic, paprika and herbs in a small bowl. Brush evenly over top of bread slices.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 8 minutes, or until crisp. Remove.
- Finely chop capsicum. Place in a bowl with relish. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Just before serving, arrange the toasts on a serving platter. Top with capsicum mixture. Garnish with basil.