melted unsalted butter, for greasing
self-raising flour, for dusting
300 ml tub thickened cream
2 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
250 g punnet fresh strawberries, hulled, finely chopped
3 cups self-raising flour
½ cup lemonade
2 tsp strawberry and cream icing flavour
pink food colouring, to tint
300 ml carton pure cream
- Grease base and sides of a 22cm square x 8cm deep cake pan with butter. Dust with flour, shaking out excess.
- To make scone dough, sift flour into a large bowl. Combine the lemonade and flavouring in a jug. Tint with colouring. Add to flour with the cream. Using a flat-bladed knife in a cutting motion, stir until the mixture almost comes together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured bench. Gently knead to form a soft dough. Do not over-knead. Pat dough into a 3cm thick round. Using a 5½cm round cutter dipped in flour, cut out rounds. Re-shape dough and continue cutting out rounds until all dough is used.
- Place scones, side-by-side, in the prepared pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Turn out onto a wire rack. Cover with a clean tea towel until warm.
- Beat the thickened cream and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Split warm scones in half. Top with cream and strawberries.