250 g caster sugar
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp white vinegar
60 g pistachios, roughly chopped
600 ml thickened cream
250 g creme fraiche
3 tsp icing sugar, sifted
1 tbsp rosewater
3- 4 nectarines or peaches, halved and thinly sliced
250 g fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 140°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Draw a 22cm circle on the paper then turn the paper over, ensuring you can still see the circle. Place eggwhites in a clean, grease-free bowl and, using an electric whisk, beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking well after each addition. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Next, briefly whisk in the cornflour and vinegar then gently fold in three-quarters of the pistachio.
- Spoon mixture onto the circle, then smooth top and sides with a palette knife and sprinkle over half of the remaining pistachio. Bake for 1½ hours, then turn off the oven, leaving pavlova to cool completely in the oven with the oven door lightly ajar.
- Combine the cream, crème fraiche, icing sugar and rosewater, then, using an electric whisk, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the meringue from the oven and carefully transfer to a serving plate, without the baking paper.
- Pile cream mixture on top, and scatter with nectarine slices and half of the raspberries. Tear remaining raspberries in half and scatter over top.