125 g packet plain sweet biscuits, finely crushed
¾ cup raw pistachio kernels finely crushed
60 g butter, melted
4 x 250 g cream cheese tubs at room temperature
1½ cups caster sugar
¾ cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ cup plain flour
1 cup sour cream
⅓ cup apricot jam
125 g fresh raspberries
Easy raspberry & lime sauce
1 cup caster sugar
¾ cup water
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 cups frozen raspberries
- To make the raspberry & lime sauce, combine sugar and water in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add the lime zest and juice and stir until the sugar is dissolved and syrup is simmering. Add the frozen raspberries and cook for 1 min. Remove from the heat, cool then blend using a blender. Chill until required.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Combine biscuits, ¼ cup pistachios and melted butter in a bowl. Press into base of a 24cm springform pan. Wrap pan base and sides tightly with two layers of foil. Cover and chill while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and caster sugar until just smooth. Add milk and beat, then mix in the eggs, one at a time, until just combined. Fold through the vanilla, flour and sour cream until smooth. Pour filling over biscuit crumbs.
- Place cheesecake into a roasting pan and place into the oven. Fill pan with boiling water to come about 2cm up the sides. Bake for 1 hr. Let cake cool in oven, with door closed, for 2 hr. Move to fridge, cover and chill overnight.
- Transfer cheesecake onto a serving plate. Warm jam in a saucepan over low heat until hot. Strain through a fine sieve, discarding solids. Brush the top and sides of cake with jam. With one hand under the base, press the remaining pistachios around the sides of the cake. Top with raspberries and serve with raspberry & lime sauce.