125 g unsalted butter, chopped
300 g white cooking chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 ¼ cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Place butter and 200g of the chocolate into a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture with eggs and vanilla until combined. Add combined sifted flour and baking powder with remaining chopped chocolate and ½ cup of the pistachios. Stir until well combined. Spread into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Sprinkle over remaining pistachios.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and cooked when tested. Cool in pan.
- Cut into squares to serve.