1 kg ripe medium plums
⅓ cup caster sugar
1 tbsp water
Vanill ice-cream, to serve
1¼ cups self-raising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
100 g cold unsalted butter, finely chopped
⅓ cup milk
- Cut plums into six wedges. Remove and discard stones. Place plums in an 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish with sugar and water. Toss to combine. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes, or until plums start to soften. Remove dish from oven. Discard foil.
- Meanwhile, make topping. Sift flour, cinnamon and sugar into a large bowl. Add butter. Using your fingertips, rub in flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add milk. Using a table knife, stir until mixture just comes together. Do not overmix.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of topping onto hot plums to partially cover. Return to oven.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked. Remove. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot plum cobbler with ice-cream.