Try a fantastic poached chicken for a different kind of weeknight meal, drizzled in a delicious roasted sesame dressing and covered with fresh mint leaves.
4 x 200 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
100 g rice vermicelli noodles
150 g green beans, trimmed, halved diagonally
4 green spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
¼ cup roasted sesame dressing, plus extra to serve
1 cup fresh mint
- Place chicken in a large, deep frying pan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan. Refrigerate, covered, for 15 minutes. Thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Place in a large bowl. Cut into shorter lengths using kitchen scissors.
- Boil or microwave beans until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Add chicken, beans and half the onions to noodles. Pour over dressing. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add half the mint. Toss to combine.
- To serve, divide noodle mixture among plates. Top with remaining onions and mint. Serve with extra dressing and lime wedges (optional).