1 litre (4 cups) water
10 chicken tenderloins (550 g)
270 g packet soba noodles
1 Lebanese cucumber
200 g sugar snap peas, trimmed, halved lengthways
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced diagonally
1 avocado, thinly sliced
2 tsp black sesame seeds, to garnish
¼ cup mirin seasoning
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce (or gluten-free alternative)
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan. Add chicken. Simmer, uncovered, for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon. Cool. Slice thinly.
- Return water to boil. Add noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. Combine all ingredients in a small jug. Mix well.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthways. Cut diagonally into thin slices. Add to noodles with peas, celery and half the dressing. Toss well. Divide evenly among four serving bowls. Top with chicken and avocado.
- Serve salad with remaining dressing. Garnish with black sesame seeds.