4 cups gluten-free vegetarian chicken-style stock (1 litre)
1.5 cups instant polenta (240 g)
1 eggplant cut into 1cm slices
2 large zucchini thinly sliced
190 g sundried tomato pesto
100 g roasted capsicum in oil drained and sliced
1 cup grated pizza cheese (115 g)
100 g salad leaves
- Bring stock to boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Add polenta. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Grease and line a 24cm springform pan with one large piece of baking paper. Pour in polenta. Cool.
- Cook eggplant and zucchini on an oiled grill pan until charred.
- Spread ¼ cup of pesto over polenta. Top with a layer of eggplant, ¼ cup pesto, zucchini, capsicum and cheese.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 25 minutes. Stand 15 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Serve in wedges with salad leaves and remaining pesto.