small handful coriander leaves only
75 g water chestnuts, drained
150 g lean mince pork
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 cm piece ginger, peeled
150 g raw peeled prawn
3 spring onions, sliced
1 heaped tsp cornflour
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine
½ tsp sesame oil
24 dumpling or wonton wrappers
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp golden caster sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
½ red chilli, finely chopped
- Finely chop the coriander and water chestnut.
- Tip into a bowl with the pork, garlic and grate in the ginger.
- Devein the prawns then chop finely and add them to the bowl.
- Add the spring onions, cornflour, soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil.
- Mix everything together well with your hands.
- Put a dumpling wrapper on the palm of one hand and spoon 2 tsp of the mixture into it. Wrap the dumpling case around, leaving the top open. Continue with all the wrappers, storing on a plastic tray or baking sheet dusted with cornflour. Press down slightly so that the bottoms are flat.
- Fill a wok or pan with a couple of inches of water and bring to the boil. Put some steamer liners or baking paper with holes poked through it in the bottom of a bamboo steamer. Sit the dumplings on top of the paper, so that they are not touching each other. Cover and steam for 6-8 minutes until cooked through. Mix the dipping sauce ingredients and serve with the dumplings.