275 g packet gow gee wrappers
⅓ cup vegetable oil
⅔ cup water
soy and sriracha sauce to serve
150 g pork mince
150 g raw peeled prawns, finely chopped
½ cup finely chopped canned water chestnuts
⅓ cup finely chopped coriander
3 green spring onions, finely chopped
1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp ground white pepper
- To make filling, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Place 2 tsps of filling in the centre of each wrapper. Brush edge with a little water. Bring two sides up to meet in the middle. Pinch together to seal and enclose filling. Place seam-side up, on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Arrange half the dumplings, evenly spaced and seam-side up, in pan. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until bases are lightly golden.
- Carefully add half the water to pan. Immediately cover with lid. Reduce heat to low. Cook for about 5 minutes, until liquid has evaporated and dumplings are cooked. Remove from pan. Cover to keep warm. Wipe pan clean. Repeat with remaining oil, dumplings and water.
- Serve with soy and sriracha sauce.