1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
600 g pork mince
100 g pistachios, chopped
100 g dried cranberries, finely chopped
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
½ tsp sea-salt flakes
½ tsp ground white pepper
3 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp poppy seeds
1 jar cranberry sauce, to serve
- Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add mince, pistachio, cranberry, mustard, dried herbs, salt and pepper, then stir until well combined.
- Put 1 sheet of pastry on a clean dry work surface. Cut in half to form 2 rectangles. Roll 1⁄6 of the mince mixture in a log and place along 1 long edge of 1 rectangle. Brush opposite long edge with egg. Roll up firmly to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining mince mixture and pastry, reserving a little of the egg. Freeze for 30 minutes or until rolls are firm.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut each roll into 6 pieces and arrange on prepared trays, seam-side down. Brush top of rolls with reserved egg, then scatter over poppy seeds.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Arrange on a serving plate and serve with cranberry sauce on the side. n-Rrecipe heads