2 x 400 g pork fillets, trimmed
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup dry white wine
½ cup chicken stock
steamed green beans, to serve
steamed chat potatoes, to serve
fresh oregano, to garnish
Pancetta herb stuffing
2 tsp fennel seeds
50 g sliced pancetta, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
25 g butter, room temperature
- To make stuffing, heat a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add fennel seeds. Stir for about 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Transfer to a mortar. Coarsely grind using a pestle. Transfer to a bowl. Add the pancetta, garlic, chopped herbs and butter and mix well.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each fillet lengthways down the centre, about three-quarters of the way through. Open out flat. Spread stuffing evenly down the centre of each one.
- Place one fillet on top of the other, stuffing-side up. Fold over to enclose. Tie at 3cm intervals with kitchen string to secure.
- Heat oil in a large, flame-proof roasting pan over a medium to high heat. Add pork, turn occasionally for about 7 minutes, or until meat is browned all over. Transfer pan to a moderate oven (180C). Cook pork for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove. Place on a tray. Rest, loosely covered with foil for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place pan with cooking juices over a medium to high heat. Bring to a boil. Add wine and stock. Boil, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by half. Transfer to a jug.
- Remove string from pork. Thickly slice. Serve with beans and potatoes. Spoon over sauce. Garnish with oregano.