2 tblsps olive oil
200 g sliced pancetta chopped
300 ml tub light cooking cream
1 cup frozen peas
¼ cup finely grated Parmesan to garnish
750 g golden delight potatoes washed, peeled, chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed
50 g butter at room temperature
1 egg lightly beaten
½ cup self-raising flour
⅓ cup finely grated Parmesan
- To make dumplings, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Transfer to large bowl. Mash until smooth. Cool slightly. Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes, or until cold.
- Shape tablespoons of mixture into small pillow shapes. Place on two lightly floured trays.
- Add dumplings to a large stockpot of boiling salted water, in two batches. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until dumplings float to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon. Place in a single layer on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add dumplings in two batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Carefully remove.
- Add pancetta to same pan. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until crisp. Add cream. Bring to boil. Add peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Return dumplings to pan. Stir to coat.
- Garnish with finely grated parmesan.