85 g (⅓ cup) Doongara rice
¼ tsp olive oil
400 g green prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left intact
1 brown onion, cut into wedges
1 ½ tbsp Patak's tikka masala paste or gluten-free curry paste
185 ml (¾ cup) boiling water
125 ml (½ cup) canned light coconut milk
200 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 zucchini, halved lengthways, sliced
80 g snow peas, ends trimmed
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
1 tbsp white vinegar
2 tsp caster sugar
- To make pickled cucumber, combine cucumber, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Cover and set aside.
- Cook rice in a small saucepan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a nonstick wok over medium-high heat. Add prawns. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until prawns are just browned. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add water, coconut milk and cauliflower. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini to wok. Simmer, covered, for 2 minutes or until zucchini is almost cooked. Add snow peas and prawns. Cook, partially covered, for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Divide rice between shallow serving bowls. Spoon over the prawn curry and sauce. Top with coriander. Drain liquid from the cucumber and serve with curry.