30 raw king prawns (1.3 kg)
4 small cloves garlic, crushed
2 eschalots, finely chopped
1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
25 g butter, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup dry white wine
2 x 250 g punnets cherry tomatoes
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
100 g soft feta, crumbled
Lemon wedges, to serve
Sliced crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Peel prawns, leaving tails intact. Devein prawns. Toss in a large bowl with garlic, eschalots, chilli, salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add prawns in two batches. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until prawns are just changing colour. Remove.
- Add wine to pan. Bring to boil. Boil for 1 minute. Return prawns to pan with tomatoes and parsley. Cook, stirring, for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until tomatoes start to blister and prawns are just cooked through.
- Remove pan from heat. Sprinkle with feta. Garnish with extra parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges and sliced crusty bread.