1 ½ cups plain flour
⅓ cup icing sugar mixture
150 g cold unsalted butter, chopped
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 – 1 ½ tablespoons cold water
¾ cup icing sugar mixture
3 tsp milk
pink food colouring
- Lightly grease and line two large oven trays with baking paper.
- Process flour, sugar and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine crumbs. With motor operating, add yolk, vanilla and enough water until mixture comes together to form a ball. Remove.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into 8cm lengths. Shape lengths into crescents. Place about 4cm apart on prepared trays. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 18 minutes, or until edges are light golden. Cool on trays.
- To make icing, combine sugar and milk in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Tint pink with colouring. Spoon into a medium snap-lock bag and squeeze into one corner. Twist bag and snip tip of corner.
- Drizzle icing over cooled biscuits. Stand at room temperature to set.