Other social media users were quick to voice their shock.
‘OMG! 😮’ wrote one. ‘At least it was too big for him to actually eat! Although wouldn't it have felt heavier than normal?
Coles responded to Emilie’s post, asking for more details so they could investigate the incident. They added: ‘We're disappointed to see your unpleasant discovery in the Chobani Greek Yoghurt and we're sorry for the poor experience.’
A Coles spokesperson tells New Idea Food: ‘Coles takes the quality of all our products seriously. We have contacted the customer and will follow up with our supplier to investigate the matter. As always we encourage customers to return any item they’re not 100% happy with to their nearest store for a full refund or replacement.’
New Idea Food has contacted Chobani for comment.