250 g Puff Pastry, defrosted
4 x 50 g eggs
185 ml (¾ cup) skim milk
Freshly ground black pepper, to season
40 g salt-reduced leg ham, finely chopped
35 g reduced-fat grated cheese
3 x 250 g trays cherry tomatoes on vine
1 package rocket leaves to serve (optional)
6 x 60 g PureBred wholegrain seeded rolls to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper. Spray a 20cm (base measurement) loose-based flan tin with cooking spray. Put tin on prepared tray. Prepare pastry following pack instructions, rolling out to 3-4mm thick. Line tin with pastry, trimming to fit. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Cover pastry with a piece of baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans and bake for a further 5 minutes. Remove from oven and increase oven temperature to 180°C (fan-forced).
- Whisk eggs, milk and pepper in a medium bowl. Sprinkle ham and cheese over pastry case. Pour egg mixture over filling. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Set aside for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Meanwhile, line a small oven tray with baking paper. Put tomatoes on prepared tray. Spray with cooking spray. Roast for 15 minutes or until tomatoes have softened. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Sprinkle quiche with rocket leaves, if you like. Serve with roasted tomatoes and rolls.