½ cup golden flaxseed
2 cups cold water
1 cup quinoa
1 tsp fine salt
4 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
sea salt flakes
freshly ground black pepper
1 serving your favourite cheese, to serve
1 bunch red grapes, to serve
- Combine golden flaxseeds with ½ cup of the cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, rinse quinoa under running water, then drain well using a fine sieve. Transfer to a medium saucepan with fine salt and remaining cold water. Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until all water has been absorbed. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes, then fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Put flaxseeds, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sesame oil and cooked quinoa in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until a smooth paste forms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Put ½ of the seed mixture on a sheet of baking paper. Cover with a second sheet of baking paper.
- Roll out mixture until 2mm thick.
- Transfer to an oven tray and remove top sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Using a zigzag rolling cutter or ravioli cutter, cut paste to make rectangular shapes about 3 x 6cm in size.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crackers are golden and crisp. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve crackers with cheese and red grapes on the side.