350 g beetroot, leaves trimmed
300 g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm dice
Olive oil cooking spray
60 g (¼ cup) quinoa
160 ml water
50 g (2 cups) baby spinach
60 g reduced-fat feta, crumbled, to serve
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 190°C (fan-forced). Wrap beetroot in foil and put on a small oven tray. Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, line a small ovenproof dish with baking paper. Put pumpkin in prepared dish and spray with cooking spray. Roast with beetroot, after about 40 minutes of cooking, for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Put quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 12-15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To make dressing, put vinegar, juice and oil in a small bowl. Season with pepper and whisk to combine.
- Peel and dice beetroot. Add to quinoa with pumpkin, spinach and dressing. Toss to combine. Divide salad between serving plates or bowls. Sprinkle with feta and serve.