Kids will go crazy for this unicorn-style cake! Using vanilla and mint & choc chip ice-cream, Smarties and fresh strawberries, it's a fruity, chocolate treat.
2 x 1 litre tubs vanilla ice-cream
½ x 2 litre tub chocolate chip mint ice-cream
2 x 250 g punnet fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
pink food colouring, to tint
blue food colouring gel, to tint
1 cup candy-coated buttons such as smarties
- Invert base of a 24cm springform pan (base measuring 22cm). Line base and side with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edge.
- Divide vanilla ice-cream between two bowls. Place mint choc-chip ice-cream into separate bowl. Stand ice-cream at room temperature for 10 minutes, or until softened. Stir until smooth.
- Meanwhile, process berries in a food processor until pureed. Strain. Discard seeds. Stir puree into one bowl of vanilla ice-cream. Tint pink.
- Tint remaining bowl of vanilla ice-cream blue with food colouring.
- Using different large spoons, alternately drop spoonfuls of strawberry, blue and mint choc-chip ice-cream into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Sprinkle with chocolate buttons. Cover. Freeze for about 6 hours, or overnight until firm.
- Just before serving, remove side of pan and lining paper. Transfer to a plate.