300 ml pure cream plus extra to serve
1 cup milk (250 ml)
1 tsp vanilla paste
½ cup caster sugar (110 g)
300 g brioche bread
300 g box frozen raspberries
- Place cream, milk, paste and half the sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is hot. Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl. Cool.
- Cut bread into 2cm-thick slices. Cut each slice diagonally in half.
- Place raspberries and remaining sugar in a medium bowl. Toss to coat. Scatter half the raspberries over base of a rectangular ovenproof dish (8-cup capacity). Arrange bread over top. Sprinkle remaining raspberries over bread, tucking some in between layers.
- Whisk eggs into cooled cream mixture. Pour over bread. Stand for 10 minutes, or until cream mixture has soaked in.
- Place dish in a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into pan to come halfway up sides of the dish.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until egg mixture has set and top is crisp and golden. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with dollop cream.