2 cups plain flour
2 cups traditional rolled oats
1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
150g unsalted butter, chopped
2 tblsps golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tblsps boiling water
1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
1 cup frozen raspberries
1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Stir in the oats and sugar.
- Melt butter and syrup in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Remove from heat. Dissolve soda in water in a small heat-proof jug. Immediately stir into butter mixture.
- Pour butter mixture over oat mixture. Mix well. Press two-thirds over base of prepared pan. Smooth top. Spread with jam. Sprinkle with the frozen raspberries.
- Stir coconut into remaining oat mixture. Crumble over top of raspberries.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove. Transfer slice in pan to a wire rack. Stand for 1 hour. Lift slice out of pan and return to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve slice cut into squares