2 cups self-raising flour
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
½ cup desiccated coconut
1 cup milk
50 g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
125 g punnet fresh raspberries
Spreadable butter, to serve
¼ cup plain flour
¼ cup rolled oats
2 tbsp brown sugar
50 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
- Grease a 14cm x 24cm large loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above edges of pan.
- Combine flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl. Add milk, butter and vanilla. Stir well to combine. Fold in raspberries. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top.
- Sprinkle crumble topping evenly over cake batter.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 1 hour, or until bread is cooked when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Thickly slice bread. Serve warm or cold with butter.
- To make crumble topping, combine flour, oats and sugar in a medium bowl. Add butter. Rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.