2 packets raspberry-flavoured jelly crystals
2 cups boiling water
1 ¾ cups cold water
500 g fresh or frozen raspberries and / or blueberries
2 cups creme fraiche or Greek yoghurt
3 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch ground cloves
3 tbsp golden syrup
80 g butter
⅓ cup soft brown sugar
½ cup plain flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1 pinch salt
- Mix jelly crystals with boiling water to dissolve. Stir in cold water. Divide berries between 8-10 serving glasses and pour jelly over the top. Chill until set (about 30 minutes if berries are frozen or longer if they are fresh). The jellies can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 48 hours until ready to serve.
- To make the vanilla topping, mix the crème fraiche or yoghurt with the icing sugar, vanilla and cloves. Store covered in the fridge for up to 48 hours until ready to serve.
- To make the brandy snaps, preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Stir the golden syrup, butter and sugar over a medium heat until melted. Add the flour, ginger and salt and stir to combine. Drop small spoonfuls onto prepared trays, allowing plenty of room for them to spread and working in batches so as not to overcrowd the trays.
- Bake until golden brown and lacy (about 6 minutes). Remove from the oven and allow to cool flat on trays. When cool and crisp, store in an airtight container.
- When you are ready to serve, spoon vanilla topping over the set jellies and garnish with brandy snaps.