The photos were reportedly taken on a day when temperatures were 30-plus degrees, sparking concerns of unsanitary chicken cooking practices.
Mark Copley, who took the shocking pics, said “the chooks were on rotisserie skewers being brought into the store."
He added: “The boot was lined with cardboard but nothing else. Not wrapped, not refrigerated. The opportunity for cross-contamination is immense, plus the fact food is stored in the danger zone for temperature.’
In response to the scandal, Red Rooster confirmed to 10 Daily that they were temporarily closing Perth’s Waypoint and Forrestfield stores.
“Following concerning matters being brought to our attention through a social media post, Red Rooster has made the decision to temporarily close two restaurants: Waypoint and Forrestfield located in Western Australia," the company said.
“These stores will remain closed while detailed investigations are conducted, required actions are taken and we are satisfied that the operating standards of these locations meet the high expectations of our strict brand standards.”
“As a precaution, all potentially impacted product has been removed and disposed of. All surfaces, equipment and facilities have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitised. Supplier deliveries have been suspended until such time stores are approved to reopen.
"Red Rooster is extremely disappointed by this incident and takes such matters seriously.”
Watch: Sweet corn horror - mum's disturbing find