This is one impressive cheesecake! Red velvet cupcake fans will be drooling over this bright red cheesecake and its base made of Choc Ripple biscuits.
1½ x 250 g packets Choc Ripple biscuits
125 g unsalted butter, melted
300 ml tub thickened cream, whipped
Dark chocolate curls, to decorate
2 x 250 g blocks cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
1¼ cups caster sugar
250 g tub sour cream
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp liquid red food colouring
- Invert base of a 23cm round springform pan (base measures 21cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper. Place pan on an oven tray.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press evenly over base and up side of pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make filling, beat cheese and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Add sour cream, sifted cocoa, extract and colouring. Beat until well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook in a slow oven (150C) for about 1 hour to 1 hour, 5 minutes, or until filling is almost set (filling will still appear wobbly in centre). Turn oven off. Cool completely in oven with door ajar. Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight, until cold. Remove side of pan. Transfer to a serving plate
- Top cheesecake with whipped cream. Decorate with dark chocolate curls.