500 g rhubarb stalks
¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tbsp water
250 g packet butternut snap cookies
75 g unsalted butter, melted
Icing sugar mixture, to decorate
200 ml thickened cream (vanilla flavoured)
250 g tub mascarpone cream
2 tbsp icing sugar mixture
- Grease a 24cm round loose-based flan tin (base measuring 22cm).
- Trim rhubarb. Wash under cold water. Cut into 3cm lengths. Place rhubarb, sugar and water in a large roasting pan. Toss to coat. Arrange rhubarb in a single layer.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until just tender. Remove. Cool rhubarb in pan.
- Meanwhile, process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press mixture evenly over base and up side of tin. Place on a tray. Refrigerate.
- To make vanilla cream, place all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir gently to combine. Pour into biscuit case. Smooth over top.
- Arrange rhubarb over tart. Drizzle with pan juices. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Dust with sifted icing sugar.