2 tbsp olive oil
2 small onions, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup long-grain rice
1½ cups water
2 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
2 zucchinis, coarsely grated
2 tomatoes, cut into 1 cm pieces
½ cup chopped fresh dill
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 large red capsicums
Extra olive oil, to serve
- Grease a small roasting pan.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, until soft. Stir in rice. Add water and stock cubes. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in zucchinis, tomatoes and dill. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut tops off capsicums and reserve for lids. Scoop out and discard seeds and membrane. Spoon rice mixture into capsicums. Place in prepared pan. Replace tops.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 45 minutes, or until tender. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm capsicums drizzled with extra oil.