Cooking oil spray
150 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
150 g unsalted butter, chopped
⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
¾ cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1⅓ cups self-raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
125 g punnet fresh raspberries
Extra fresh raspberries and icing sugar mixture, to decorate
100 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
¼ cup pure cream
- Generously spray a non-stick 6-hole Texas muffin pan (¾-cup capacity) with oil.
- Place chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove. Cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar into cooled chocolate mixture until combined. Add buttermilk, eggs and combined sifted flour and cocoa. Stir until combined. Gently fold in raspberries. Divide evenly among prepared pan holes.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make ganache, combine chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Refrigerate for about 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Spoon ganache on top of each muffin. Decorate with extra raspberries. Dust with icing sugar.