cooking oil spray, to grease
200 g granita biscuits
120 g unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp blackberry jam
100 g caster sugar
2 x 150 g punnet fresh blackberries
juice of ½ lime
400 g fresh ricotta
100 ml sour cream
100 g brown sugar
1 tsp ground cloves
100 g honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp plain flour
3 tbsp malted milk powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 23cm springform tin with oil then line base and side with baking paper.
- Put granitas in a food processor and process until coarse crumbs form. Add butter and process until fine crumbs form. Put granita mixture into prepared tin. Use your fingers to press mixture firmly into base and 1cm up side. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Put all filling ingredients except malted milk powder in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour filling into cooled crust. Using a spoon, swirl 2 Tbsp of the malted milk powder through filling. Sprinkle remaining on top.
- Wrap base and up side of tin with 2 layers of foil to ensure water does not leak in when baking in the water bath. Sit tin in a large roasting pan then pour boiling water into pan until about 2.5cm high up side of tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until filling is slightly golden and a little wobbly. Turn oven off, leaving cake in for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and remove tin from pan. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, put jam and sugar in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until warm and sugar has dissolved. Add berries and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Set aside to cool.
- To serve, put cooled cheesecake on plates and spoon over cooled blackberries.