500 g rigatoni pasta
150 g baby spinach leaves
1 cup grated parmesan (80 g)
Spicy capsicum sauce
3 large red capsicums, quartered, deseeded
400 g can diced tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
1½ tsp dried chilli flakes
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make sauce, cut capsicums into quarters. Remove seeds and membranes. Place capsicums, skin-side up, on a large oven tray lined with oiled foil.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 30 minutes, or until skin is blackened. Remove. Transfer to a snap-lock bag. Seal. Stand for 15 minutes. Peel away skin.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Place capsicums in a blender with remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer sauce to a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Bring to boil. Add pasta and spinach. Stir for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Stir in half the parmesan.
- Serve pasta with remaining parmesan.