250 g packet haloumi cheese
6 chicken Marylands (2kg), trimmed
4 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup fresh rosemary leaves
1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
280 g jar Sicilian green olives, drained
¼ cup lemon juice
Wild rocket, to serve
Lemon wedges, to serve
- Cut haloumi crossways into 2cm-thick slices. Cut each slice diagonally in half.
- Place chicken in a lightly oiled extra large roasting pan.
- Combine garlic, rosemary, rind and oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Rub over chicken. Top with haloumi and olives. Pour over juice.
- Cook in a moderately hot oven (190C) for about 50 to 55 minutes, spooning juices over chicken, halfway through, or until chicken is golden and cooked.
- Serve with rocket and lemon wedges.