750 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2 cm pieces
¼ cup fresh sage leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
500 g packet fresh gnocchi
2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh sage
½ cup white wine
300 ml carton pure cream
½ cup grated parmesan
Toasted pine nuts, extra grated parmesan and fresh sage, to garnish
- Combine pumpkin, sage leaves and half the oil in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 40 minutes, or until golden and tender. Remove and discard leaves.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium, deep frying pan. Add onions, garlic and sliced sage. Cook, stirring, until soft. Add wine. Bring to boil. Reduce by half. Add cream. Gently boil for about 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in hot pumpkin, gnocchi and parmesan. Simmer until hot.
- Serve garnished with pine nuts, extra parmesan and sage.