Proudly supported by
Simple fish recipe featuring marinated fish fillets, roasted with light citrus flavours.
2 tbsp basil-infused extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp finely shredded basil leaves
½ clove garlic, finely grated
2 x 180 g boneless firm -fleshed fish fillets, skin on (we used barramundi)
- Finely grate the rind of 1/4 lemon, then squeeze the lemon for 1 tbsp juice. Put the grated rind and juice in a large bowl with the oil, basil and garlic and stir to combine.
- Put fish in marinade and turn to coat, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250°C. Remove fish from marinade and put in a roasting pan, skin-side up. Season fish with sea salt flakes.
- Cut the remaining lemon into quarters and arrange around fish, flesh-side up (this adds flavour to fish).
- Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes or until fish skin is crisp and flesh is almost cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to rest for 3 minutes. (Fish flesh is delicate, and will continue to cook from the residual heat in the hot pan.) Serve with roast lemon on the side to squeeze over and with your favourite accompaniment.