1½ tbsp honey
1 tsp olive oil
Finely grated zest of ½ orange
Freshly squeezed juice of 1 orange
½ tsp ground cinnamon
8 small chicken drumsticks skin removed
500 g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into chips
500 g brushed potatoes (such as sebago), peeled, cut into chips
Olive oil cooking spray
30 g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
40 g (¼ cup) mung bean sprouts
250 g (1 punnet) cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced diagonally
5 small radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Put honey, oil, orange zest, orange juice and cinnamon in a shallow dish and stir to combine. Make 3-4 shallow slits on each drumstick. Add to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours (or overnight, if you have time), turning once to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (fan-forced). Line a large oven tray and a roasting pan with baking paper. Arrange chips on prepared tray and spray with cooking spray.
- Drain chicken, transferring marinade to a small saucepan. Put chicken in prepared roasting pan. Roast chicken and chips for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring marinade to a simmer over a high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until marinade reduces and thickens.
- Brush chicken with half of the reduced marinade and roast for a further 10 minutes. Brush with remaining marinade and roast for a further 5 minutes or until chicken is golden and chips are light golden.
- To make salad, put all ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss to combine. Serve with chicken and chips.