750 g small roma tomatoes quartered
1 red onion cut into wedges
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1.5 tsps dried oregano
4 garlic cloves crushed
¼ cup olive oil (60 mls)
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup pitted marinated kalamata olives cut in half (120 g)
1 small eggplant cut into 2cm pieces
350 g penne pasta
2 cups fresh basil leaves torn
125 g feta crumbled
- Toss tomatoes, onion, vinegar, oregano, garlic and 2 tblsps of the oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a large oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 50 minutes. Add olives. Cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes, or until tomatoes are golden.
- Place eggplant on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with remaining oil. Season.
- Cook in same moderate oven (180C) for about 40 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain.
- Place pasta, tomato mixture, eggplant, basil and feta in a bowl. Toss to combine.