12 lamb chump chops (2kg), trimmed
2 tbsp vegetable oil
750 g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 4 cm pieces
1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
500 g bottle rogan josh simmer sauce
410 g can duo tomatoes and paste
1 cup frozen peas
½ cup Greek-style natural yoghurt to serve
1 ½ cups basmati rice steamed to serve
¼ bunch fresh coriander sprigs to garnish
- Toss lamb in 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Add lamb in three batches. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Transfer to a removable bowl of a 5 to 6-litre capacity slow cooker with potato.
- Reduce heat to medium. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in same pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add to slow cooker with combined sauce and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for about 5 hours, or until lamb is tender. Add peas in last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with yoghurt and steamed rice. Garnish with coriander sprigs.