1 cup (125g) fresh raspberries
1 ¼ cup caster sugar
1 cup (250 ml) rose wine
500 g cream cheese, chopped
¾ cup thickened cream
2 egg yolks
fresh raspberries, to serve (optional)
¾ cup (100 g) salted roasted macadamia nuts
1 ¼ cups plain flour
¼ cup caster sugar
125 g butter, melted
- Combine the raspberries and ½ cup of the sugar in a bowl. Shake to coat Set aside for 30 minutes. Pour over the rosé. Cover and set aside 1 hour.
- Preheat oven 170°C fan forced. Grease a 3cm deep, 20cm x 30cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing 3cm overhang on all sides. Place macadamia nuts into food processor. Process until ground. Add the flour, sugar and butter. Process until well combined. Press mixture over the base of the prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes or until light golden around the edges. Cool 15 minutes. Reduce the oven 160°C fan forced.
- Process the cream cheese and remaining ¾ cup caster sugar in clean processor bowl until smooth. Add cream and egg yolks and use the pulse button to pulse until just combined. Carefully spread cheesecake mixture over the base.
- Drain the raspberries, reserving the syrup. Poke the raspberries into the cheesecake. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until centre is firm. Turn oven off and leave door ajar for 1 hour. Refrigerate until cold.
- Pour the rosé syrup into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, boil 5 minutes until syrup reduced to 150ml. Pour into a jug and refrigerate.
- Cut cheesecake into pieces, drizzle over syrup and serve with extra raspberries if desired.