850 g trimmed beef tenderloin tied with kitchen string
2 medium parsnips quartered lengthways
¼ butternut pumpkin quartered lengthways, seeds removed (400 g)
1 bunch dutch carrots trimmed and peeled
2 tblsps olive oil (40 mls)
salt & pepper to taste
1 tblsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 garlic clove crushed
1 packet prepared gravy to serve
½ bunch fresh rosemary to garnish
250 g peas steamed to serve
- Remove beef from fridge. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine vegies and half the oil in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, put beef in bowl. Add rosemary, garlic and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Rub to coat.
- Heat a flameproof roasting pan over a high heat. Add beef. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Cook in hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Rest, covered loosely with foil, for 15 minutes.
- Remove string, slice beef. Serve with vegies, gravy and peas. Garnish with rosemary.