2 ½ cups self-raising flour
1 cup grated tasty cheese
100 g sliced salami, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp fresh thyme
1 ¼ cups milk
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
sea salt flakes, to taste
butter, to serve
- Grease and line base and side of a 20cm round cake pan with baking paper.
- Combine flour in a large bowl with cheese, salami and thyme. Make well in the centre. Add combined milk and mustard. Gently stir until mixture forms a soft, sticky dough.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Lightly knead until smooth. Press over base of prepared pan. Using a sharp knife, score top into eight equal wedges about 1cm deep. Sprinkle with salt and extra thyme.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°C) for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown and top sounds hollow when gently tapped with fingertips. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Cut warm pull-apart into wedges. Serve with butter.