olive oil cooking spray
2 x 300 g packets fresh smoked salmon slices
1 large baguette, cut into thin slices
small lemon slices, to garnish
capers, to garnish
micro herbs, to garnish
lemon wedges, to serve
375 g cream cheese, roughly chopped
100 g drained Persian feta
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
2 tbsp chopped fresh chervil
2 green spring onions, chopped
3 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Lightly spray a 21cm x 11cm loaf pan (base measures 17.5cm x 8.5cm, 5-cup capacity) with oil. Line base and sides with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to overhang sides by 10cm.
- To make filling, place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Overlap 3 salmon slices to cover base of pan, folding in excess salmon (don’t trim salmon to fit). Spread ¹/³ cup filling evenly over salmon. Repeat process with another 3 salmon slices.
- Continue layering salmon and filling, finishing with salmon, folding in excess salmon each time. Bring overhanging plastic over top to cover. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Arrange baguette slices, in a single layer, on a large oven tray. Spray with oil.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 minutes, or until light golden and crisp. Remove and cool.
- To serve, invert terrine onto a serving plate. Garnish with small lemon slices, capers and micro herbs. Serve with baguette crisps and lemon wedges.