2 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch asparagus (180 g) trimmed, sliced diagonally into 5cm lengths
6 shortcut bacon rashers, thinly sliced
3 x 200 g skinless salmon fillet, bones removed
1 baby cos lettuce, trimmed, washed, leaves separated
½ x 150 g packet roasted garlic bagel crisps
Shaved parmesan, to garnish
⅔ cup olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
⅓ cup fresh dill leaves
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, peeled
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make dressing, blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a jug.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add asparagus. Cook, turning occasionally for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Remove.
- Add bacon to same hot pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Drain on kitchen absorbent paper. Wipe pan clean.
- Brush remaining oil evenly over both sides of salmon. Season with salt and pepper. Add to same hot pan. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, on each side, or until cooked through. Remove. Cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes. Flake into large pieces.
- To serve, cut lettuce leaves in half lengthways. Arrange in a large serving bowl. Top with warm salmon, asparagus, bacon, crisps and dressing. Toss gently to combine. Garnish with shaved parmesan.