4 pita pockets, cut into 2cm wide strips
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
4 x 125 g pieces boneless skinless salmon fillets
1 tsp ground sumac
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp ground cumin
120 g mixed salad leaves
2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
2 Lebanese cucumbers, chopped
2 oranges, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
1 bunch red radishes, thinly sliced
ground black pepper, to garnish
- Place bread on an oven tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil. Toss to coat.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 6 minutes, or until crisp. Remove.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add salmon. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Sprinkle with sumac.
- To make dressing, whisk remaining oil with juice and cumin in a large bowl. Add salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumbers, oranges and radishes. Toss to coat.
- Serve bread strips with salad and salmon. Garnish with pepper.