3 cups 00 flour
1 tsp salt
200 g cold butter coarsely grated
300 ml cream
½ cup milk
salt and pepper to season
210 g canned salmon drained
¾ cup grated tasty cheese
1 spring onion finely sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place flour and salt in a bowl with butter. Rub mixture through your fingers to form a fine crumb. Add water, mixing with a knife just until the dough comes together in a loose ball. Turn out onto a lightly-floured board and knead a few times until smooth.
- If using a food processor, place flour, salt and butter(cubed not grated) in the processor bowl. Blitz for a few seconds to mix flour and butter evenly. Add water and process again until mixture comes together in a ball. The dough is now ready to use.
- Divide dough in two and press out into discs between sheets of cling film. Chill until ready to use.
- Line a flan tin with pastry to cover base and sides, cover with baking paper and weigh down with baking beans or dry rice or beans. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the paper and beans and bake another 12-15 minutes until crisp and golden. If not using at once, store in an airtight container.
- Decrease oven to 170°C. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in drained salmon, grated tasty cheese and finely chopped spring onion. Pour mixture into cooked pastry shell.
- Bake until mixture is set, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.