300 g coconut sugar
70 g unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 tsp sea salt, plus extra for topping
4 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
60 g cacao powder
150 g self-raising flour
100 g macadamia nuts (or substitute for pecans or pistachio kernels), plus extra to serve
- Preheat oven to fan forced 180°C. Line a 23cm square pan with baking paper that comes up over the edges for easy removal.
Place sugar, butter and vanilla into Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 6. Cook 15 min/Varoma/speed 2.
- Add salt and incorporate 10 sec/speed 4. Add eggs, yolk and cacao to Thermomix bowl and mix 15 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add flour and nuts and mix 3 sec/speed 5.
- Spread into prepared pan, stud with additional nuts, sprinkle generously with additional sea salt and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and band on bench quite firmly to prevent rise from continuing. Return to oven for a further 10 minutes or until just wobbly in centre.
- Allow to cool slightly in tin before cutting into enormous pieces and wolfing down immediately!