2 x 300 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
400 ml canned coconut milk
6 fresh kaffir lime leaves
100 g dried Pad Thai noodles
1 cup chopped fresh pineapples
100 g mixed salad leaves
2 Lebanese cucumbers, trimmed, cut into batons
½ cup fresh Thai basil
⅓ cup dry roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
lime, cut into wedges, to serve
¼ cup satay sauce
1 Tbsp kecap manis
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp lime juice
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan with coconut milk and lime leaves. Bring to a boil. Cover. Gently simmer, turning halfway, for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for about 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Remove chicken from coconut milk, reserving ½ cup for dressing. Discard lime leaves. Thinly slice the chicken.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a jug with reserved warm coconut milk until smooth.
- Toss noodles in a large bowl with pineapple, salad leaves, cucumbers and basil. Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with chicken. Pour over dressing and sprinkle with nuts. Serve salad with lime wedges