500 g raw king prawns peeled, leaving tails intact
500 g firm white fish cut into 3cm pieces
¼ cup vegetable oil
5 green spring onions thinly sliced
2 tsps mexican chilli powder
2 cups long-grain rice
1 can chopped tomatoes (400 g)
3.5 cups chicken stock
1 cup green olives
500 g fresh mussels cleaned
1 tblsp vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic
1 medium long green chilli chopped
½ cup fresh coriander leaves plus extra to serve
2 tsps ground cumin
2 tblsps lime juice
salt and pepper to taste
- To make paste, combine all ingredients in a small food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add prawns and fish. Toss to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a heavy-based flameproof casserole dish (24-cup capacity). Add prawns and fish, separately. Cook for 2 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same dish. Add onions and powder. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add rice. Stir to coat. Add tomatoes, stock and olives. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 30 minutes. Add mussels. Cover with lid. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Add prawns and fish. Stir gently. Cover. Remove from oven. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with extra coriander leaves.